Notice of Meeting of Performance Based Revenue Model Task Force
The Board of Regents Performance-Based Revenue Model Task Force will hold its next meeting on Tuesday, January 21, 2014, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the Board of Regents office, 11260 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, Iowa. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached.
The Task Force, chaired by former Regent David Miles, consists of the following members:
- Katie Mulholland, Board of Regents President Pro Tem;
- Len Hadley, retired CEO of the Maytag Corporation;
- Cara Heiden, retired co-president of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; and
- Mark Oman, retired Senior Executive Vice President of Wells Fargo and Company and Co-Chair of the Board of Trustees of the UNI Foundation
At the January 21 meeting, the Task Force will hear presentations by:
- Martha Snyder, Senior Associate, HCM Strategists, who serves as the Strategy Labs Network Policy Lead for outcomes-based (performance) funding, in partnership with the Lumina Foundation;
- Dr. Janice Friedel, ISU Associate Professor in Education and research assistant Zoe Mercedes Thornton, on their research on the national landscape for performancebased funding; and
- Dr. Russ Deaton, Associate Executive Director of Fiscal Policy & Administration for the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, on the state of Tennessee’s long history with performance-based metrics.
The Board of Regents is a group of nine citizen volunteers who govern the state’s three public universities and two special K-12 schools – the Iowa School for the Deaf and the Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School.
Board of Regents Performance-Based Revenue Model Task Force Agenda
January 21, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
BOR Office, 11260 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA 50322
- I. Introductions & Welcome (10:00‐10:05 am), David Miles, Chair
- II. Organizational Matters (10:05‐10:15 am), David Miles
- a. Minutes of December 17 Meeting
- III. National Landscape for Performance‐based Funding (10:15‐10:45), Janice Friedel, Ph.D., ISU Assoc. Professor, Education; Zoe Mercedes Thornton, ISU graduate Student, Education
- IV. Performance Funding (10:45‐12:00pm)
Martha Snyder,Lumina Foundation
- Break and Working Lunch (12:00‐12:30 pm)
- V. Tennessee Metrics (12:30‐1:30 pm) via videoconference
Russ Deaton, Ph.D.,
Assoc. Exec Dir Fiscal Policy & Admin, Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- VI. Discussion, Wrap Up & Next Steps (1:30 – 2:00 pm) David Miles
Reminder: Next Meeting has been set February 24, 2014 at the BOR Office; time 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
For More Information:
Contact: Patrice Sayre, Board of Regents Chief Business Officer, 515-281-3934