Iowa Board of Regents Announces Schedule for UI Presidential Open Forums and Selection
Today the Board of Regents, State of Iowa announced the dates of the public forums involving the finalists to become next president at the University of Iowa. The forums will occur over two weeks to allow time for the public and campus constituencies to provide feedback to the board.
- Thursday, August 27, 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Ballroom of the Iowa Memorial Union
- Friday, August 28, 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. in the Main Lounge of the Iowa Memorial Union
- Monday, August 31, 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Ballroom of the Iowa Memorial Union
- Tuesday, September 1, 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Ballroom of the Iowa Memorial Union
Live video streaming of each public forum and a recording upon its conclusion will available on the UI presidential search website (opens in new window). Each individual candidate will be announced 24 hours prior to his or her arrival at the University of Iowa. At that time, the candidate’s curriculum vitae will be made available on the UI presidential search website.
Following the campus visits, the Board of Regents will convene a meeting on September 3 to interview the candidates and select a new president.
- Thursday, September 3, Board of Regents meeting, Main Lounge, Iowa Memorial Union
This schedule allows for a full day between the final open forum and the presidential selection to ensure faculty, staff and students have an opportunity to submit feedback to the Board. Members of the campus and the general public can provide input through a website set up by Parker Executive Search.
For More Information:
Contact: Josh Lehman, 515-242-5095