Board of Regents Approves Transparency Task Force
(AMES, Iowa) – At its meeting today at Iowa State University, the Board of Regents approved the membership of its Transparency Task Force, as follows:
- Regent Nicole Carroll, chairperson;
- From the Governor’s Iowa Public Information Board, Kathleen Richardson;
- Board of Regents Chief Business Officer, Patrice Sayre;
- Senator Jeff Danielson;
- Representative Peter Cownie;
- Mark Braun, University of Iowa;
- Miles Lackey, Iowa State University;
- Dr. John Johnson, University of Northern Iowa; and
- Mr. Jack Lashier, Des Moines, Director of the Iowa Hall of Pride.
The Board also approved the charge of the Transparency Task Force, as follows: 1) to recommend best practices for responding to public information requests; and 2) to recommend best practices for access to information of interest to Iowans.
"The overarching goal of this Task Force is to develop a consistent protocol that can be used by the universities, the special schools and the Board when responding to public information requests," said President Craig Lang. "I thank all of the outstanding members of the Task Force for their willingness to serve in this effort to ensure consistent practices in our responses to Iowans."
The first meeting of the Task Force is scheduled for Friday, April 5, in Des Moines. The Task Force will also schedule public hearings across the state over the next several months.
For More Information:
Contact: Robert Donley, Executive Director, Board of Regents, State of Iowa, (515) 281-3934