CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER
The Board of Regents, State of Iowa, located in Urbandale, Iowa, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Academic Officer.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Chief Academic Officer (CAO) reports directly to the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is the key individual responsible for developing and implementing both near-term and long-term plans related to academic and student services for the Regent Enterprise. The CAO coordinates, defines, and communicates integrated plans for growth and development in academic areas. The CAO is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of Board policies at the Regent institutions. Academic policy areas may include, but are not limited to: accreditation, admissions, curriculum, financial aid, program assessment, and strategic planning. Other areas may be assigned by the Executive Director/CEO. The CAO will supervise Board Office staff to meet these responsibilities.
Required Job Skills:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. from an accredited post-secondary institution in an appropriate field.
- Ten or more years of management or supervisory experience in a postsecondary setting.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Post-secondary teacher experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience conducting and/or overseeing institutional research.
- Experience developing and overseeing strategic planning.
- Experience preparing accreditation studies and program development initiatives.
The position will remain open until filled. However, for best consideration, all application materials should be submitted no later than March 10, 2017 to:
Laura Dickson, Executive Assistant to the Executive Director/CEO
Board of Regents, State of Iowa
11260 Aurora, Urbandale, IA 50322
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Board of Regents is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.