Academic and Student Affairs
- Katie Mulholland; Chair
- Sherry Bates; Vice-Chair
- Rachael Johnson; Regent
- Diana Gonzalez; Chief Academic Officer, Board of Regents
- Brenda Bass; Interim Provost, University of Northern Iowa
- Barry Butler; Provost, University of Iowa
- Jonathan Wickert; Provost, Iowa State University
- Providing oversight and policy recommendations related to:
- academic affairs student life and academic achievement
- diversity in educational endeavors
- intercollegiate athletics
- student safety and security
- Monitoring and developing appropriate responses to state, regional and national policy initiatives regarding higher and special education
- Establishing positive, collaborative relationships with other education sectors
- Reviewing University, college, department accreditation reports
- Providing oversight and policy standards for new, revised, suspended or closed
- academic programs
- Encouraging development of innovative programs and program delivery to meet need and demand based on analytics
- Receiving progress updates and evaluation reports on delivery of academic
- programming and student success benchmarks
Campus Safety and Security Subcommittee
- Sherry Bates; Chair
- Rachael Johnson; Vice-Chair
- John Cool; Assistant Administrator, Iowa School for the Deaf
- Aaron DeLashmutt; Interim Chief, Iowa State University Police
- Georgina Dodge; Chief Diversity Officer and Associate VP, University of Iowa
- Jan Hanish; Interim Vice President for Student Affairs, University of Northern Iowa
- Monitoring compliance and providing oversight
- Monitoring and reviewing campus safety and security reports
- Monitoring and reviewing campus safety and security issues as they arise and as appropriate
- Reporting to the Academic and Student Affairs Committee on a regular basis
Audit/Compliance and Investment
Committee of the whole
Larry McKibben: Chair
- Receiving and reviewing information about internal and external audit functions related to the operation of all Regent institutions
- Evaluating the annual audit plans proposed by internal auditors, with emphasis on financial control systems, mitigation of major risks, operational efficiencies, and compliance matters
- Reviewing all reports prepared by internal auditors of the Regent institutions
- Assuring continued evaluation, improvement, and adherence to all Board and institutional policies, procedures, and practices
- Facilitating an open avenue of communication among the independent auditors, state auditors, financial and senior management, internal auditors, the Committee, and the Board of Regents
- Ensuring the preservation of principal, sufficient liquidity for anticipated needs, and maintenance of purchasing power of investable assets
- Monitoring institutional investment and treasury management practices and performance
- Reviewing investment reports
- Ensuring compliance with Board investment policy
- Developing the broad investment strategy to be followed and the general limitations on the discretion granted to internal and external investment managers
- Making recommendations to the Regents on the hiring, retention, and review of investment advisors and managers
Property and Facilities
- Milt Dakovich; Chair
- Patricia Cownie; Regent
- Patrice Sayre; Chief Business Officer, Board of Regents
- Kate Gregory; Senior VP for University Services, Iowa State University
- Michael Hager; Senior VP for Finance and Operations, University of Northern Iowa
- Rod Lehnertz; Senior VP for Business and Finance, University of Iowa
- Receiving, reviewing and making recommendations to the Board regarding institutional requests for approval of:
- The purchase and sale of property including any necessary financing.
- The disposal, transfer and sale of buildings; and
- Leases and easements
- Naming of campus facilities
- Receiving, reviewing and commenting upon institutional long-range development plans for the campus in total or specific areas and master plans for specific campus enterprises, such as residence systems, student service facilities and utilities.
- Receiving and making recommendations to the Board on all institutional capital register items.
- Receiving the Facilities Governance Report and the Institutional Roads program and special reports regarding property and facilities, including those on the status of major capital projects and annual capital plans, and Five Year Building Programs, including capital appropriations requests.
- Monitoring institutional design guidelines and space standards and developing Board standards, as appropriate.
- Evaluating the financing for construction, and operation and maintenance of capital projects.
- Examining current processes or bidding and award of construction contracts and possible alternative construction delivery systems.
- Monitoring capital issues including fire and environmental safety and deferred maintenance deficiencies and energy conservation opportunities.
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the duties of the Board, Board Office and institutions for capital improvement projects.
- Fostering institutional cooperation and coordination among the institutions in facilities management.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Committee of the whole
Larry McKibben: Interim Chair
- Providing strategic direction and focus to the UIHC
- Fostering cooperation and coordination with open communication and input from multiple constituencies
- Evaluating and providing an appropriate level of oversight of the UIHC
- Monitoring planning, opportunities, and achievements
- Reviewing, monitoring, and recommending long-range capital plans
- Assessing recommendations related to the UIHC