Public Comment Pilot Program
The next opportunity for public comment at a Board of Regents meeting will be October 19 in Cedar Falls. A sign-up link will be available in this space.
- Public comment will only be at regularly scheduled, in-person meetings of the Board of Regents. There will not be public comment at telephonic meetings or special meetings called by the Board.
- The Board will allow for up to 30 minutes in total for public comment. An individual will be permitted up to three minutes to speak. This will be tracked by a timekeeper.
- When the Board's docket for a regularly scheduled, in-person meeting is made public - normally eight days prior to the meeting - all persons requesting to speak must pre-register by completing an online form.
- Registered requests to present to the Board must be received no later than 48 hours prior to the first day of the meeting. This is typically Monday morning the week of a Board meeting, as most regularly scheduled, in-person meetings begin Wednesday morning.
- Presenters will be organized by the Board Office, with priority given to presenters with subjects that relate to agenda items for the current Board meeting.
- Confirmed speakers will be contacted via e-mail by the Board Office no later than 24 hours prior to the Board meeting.
- Handouts are allowed to be distributed to the Board. Presenters should bring 20 copies of materials for the Board to receive. Materials will be distributed to the Board during the speaker's comments.
- If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to attend a Board of Regents meeting, please email Josh Lehman in advance of the meeting.
Questions? Email the Board of Regents